Friday, October 6 and Saturday, October 7, 2023
Reconnect with your classmates! Decorate a parade float! Enjoy a tailgate party. Oooh and ahhh at the fireworks. Tour the school. Look through memorabilia. Cheer on the SHIPS football team. Remember your high school days.
Lincoln’s 100-Year Homecoming Fest
Friday, October 6
Help Decorate a Parade Float!
This year we are asking all MPSD schools to join us in our parade. Staff, students and families from each school will represent a decade that LHS has been a beacon of excellence in our community.
1920s – Monroe Elementary
1930s – Jefferson Elementary
1940s – Franklin Elementary
1950s – Jackson Elementary
1960s – Madison Elementary
1970s – Riverview Elementary
1980s – Wilson Middle
1990s – Washington Middle
2000s – McKinley Academy
2010s – MSPD Central Office
2020s – Lincoln High
Calling All LHS Alumni and Retired Staff!
We want to make this 100-year Lincoln Homecoming Parade our BIGGEST and BEST EVER!! We want more people walking in the parade and more floats!
To sign up and secure your spot in the parade, please fill out this quick Google Form: https://forms.gle/fHe9ByqHXPixLLb97
- Class presidents and retired LHS staff, talk with your peers about walking in the parade with a sign and/or a float
- Not doing anything for your individual graduation year? Join our DECADE walking groups/floats. Each school is creating a sign or float for their assigned decade.
- Come decorate with us! From 3:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6 until the parade lines up at 5:15, people will be decorating in the Rubick Field parking lot. Want to set up earlier than that? The lot will be open for alumni all day Friday to work on any floats.
- Please note: all floats/decorations must be school- and district-appropriate and MPSD reserves the right to deny parade entrants or materials. Please, let’s make this event an event that UNITES our community and not focus on something that will put any damper on our legacy 100-year celebration!
- Questions? Contact Lainey Longmeyer, Lincoln Associate Principal at email@example.com / 920-663-9683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org